The Masons Arms is shown on the 1822 town plan but was at this time located in fore street. By 1831 it had moved to 83 Higher Bore Street (listed as a beer house) under the management of Mr Samuel Tabb (mason and beer seller). In the early 1840’s ownership was transferred to a Mr William Harvey and was registered at its current location of 5 – 7 Higher Bore Street. The pub changed hands only a small number of times throughout the late 1800’s. In August 1900, the magistrates transferred the licence to a Mr Henry Titball. He still held the licence in 1939 and died in 1945, aged 92. Listed by Wallis in 1831 as a beer house and not an inn, despite beer houses being relatively short lived, it appears the Masons Arms is the exception, still going strong nearly 200 years later. Today the pubs is managed by Local Businessmen Mark & Gareth who took over at the Masons Arms in November of 2019. Friends since childhood, they could often be found discussing work in the local pubs around Bodmin. When the opportunity arose to take over at one of there favourite spots, it just felt like the perfect thing to do. Despite only being at the helm for a few months, they have already made some fantastic changes. The exterior has had a fresh coat of paint and new signage. The interior has had a major refurbishment, making it not only a brighter and more modern space but now a larger bar area. New Tvs installed for the sports fans. Fresh local food has being reintroduced after a long absence and plenty of live music events are planned for the future.